Aside from diamonds, bags and shoes are considered as girls’ best friends too. It is very important to know how to properly take care and how to clean leather purse and bags most especially leather bags.
1. Make sure that you clean it regularly. Your leather bags need to be cleaned once a month. You should buy a cleaning solution as well as leather conditioner that’s suited for the type of leather bag that you have. You can use a soft brush or damp cloth to clean to clean the leather bags. Do not soak it or else the leather would get wet and may cause mildew stain.
2. Use leather conditioner. Once you are done using the cleaning solution apply leather conditioner to avoid cracks and breaks on the handbag.
3. Avoid using water. You have to keep in mind that it takes a long time for water to dry and may cause water stain on the bags. In case your leather bags get wet, allow it to air dry.
4. Properly store your leather bags. When you are not using your bags, keep them at room temperature to prevent it from cracking and fading. Do not use plastic bags to store it instead you can use pillowcase to store your leather bags.
5. Protect your bags. Do not expose it to extreme heat and humidity. It will damage the natural oils of your leather bags.
Photo credit: imageandme.com